I'm a developer who cares primarily about people. I am driven to solve problems for clients with a contagiously positive outlook and perspective on life and business.
I've worked with some very talented people at places like Design Centric, Bold, Happy Cog, Vector Media Group, Able Lending. I've had the privilege of interacting directly with great clients and primary stakeholders at CERN, Associated Press, Pole to Win, Lookout, and more.
What I do well:
- Craft CMS website implementations with a strong focus on author experience
I have a history of very happy clients who love Craft; a CMS that is actually enjoyable for developer and content author alike.
- Front-end application development
I was building "Rich Internet Applications" with Adobe Flex before HTML5 was around and SPA was a thing. I have professional experience with Angular 1.x, I prefer Vue.js, and I'm eager to learn React.
- Learn new things
I like to solve problems. Every developer has preferred languages, frameworks, and methodologies but these exist to solve business problems and, however important, are secondary to that end.
- PHP: Laravel, Craft CMS, Wordpress
- Python: Flask
- Node: Express
- Task runners, compilers: Webpack, Gulp, Grunt
- AWS: EC2, S3, CloudFront
- VM: Vagrant, Docker, MAMP
Public speaking and writing:
- Able Lending (Craft CMS implementation, Angular platform development)
- AP Blog (Craft CMS implementation)
- AP Insights (Craft CMS implementation)
- Atlas / CERN (Drupal CMS implementation)
- Rush (Wordpress implementation)
- Coldwell Banker Homes (Real estate search on Backbone.js)
Familiar business and process tools:
- Positive outlook, attitude, and influence on company culture
- Realistic perspective on project scope and deadlines
- Writing maintainable, flexible, well-documented code
- Mentorship and sharing knowledge
Senior Developer, Able Lending; Austin, TX — 2016-2017
Responsible for the implementation of Able Lending’s marketing site in Craft CMS with a strong emphasis on SEO. Also built much of the onboarding flow for loan applicants with Angular 1.x and a Python/Flask back-end to accommodate a unique small business lending model.
Developer, Vector Media Group; NYC via Austin, TX — 2014-2016
Developer, Happy Cog; Austin, TX — 2013-2014
Developer, Bold; Danville, CA — 2011-2013
Senior Director of Development, Design Centric; Remote from Livermore CA — 2010-2011
Responsible for website development and web application development with Drupal, WordPress and Adobe Flex. Also responsible for another developer. Developed many custom modules and plugins for Drupal and WordPress as well as implementing existing modules to create e-commerce sites such as subscription membership sites and online stores.
Developer, Freelance; Livermore, CA — 2009-2010
Developed rich internet applications with Adobe Flex such as an image annotation tool for www.freemanco.com and first iterations of Music Stand in AIR for www.planningcenteronline.com. Launched several WordPress sites under contract with Design Centric and a NFP ExpressionEngine site for www.extollointernational.org.